According to the Order No. 107n of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation of 30.08.2012 “Ont the procedure of using assisted reproductive technologies, contraindications and restrictions to their use”, surrogate motherhood may be recommended by our center in case a woman can not gestate a baby herself or independent gestating of the baby is undesirable (contraindicated) in the following cases:
- Absence of uterus (congenital or due to removal);;
- Deformation of the cavity or cervix;
- Adhesions of the uterine cavity that can not be eliminated;
- High risk of miscarriage;
- General medical contraindications (severe diseases) to bearing pregnancy and childbirth;
- Multiple unsuccessful attempts of IVF of inexplicable reason (with high quality of embryos);
- Habitual miscarriage (3 or more spontaneous abortions in anamnesis).
Embryos for gestation by a surrogate mother are obtained as a result of a conventional IVF through the laboratory fertilization of a woman’s egg by the sperm of a spouse.
A surrogate mother may be a relative, an acquaintance of spouses or an extraneous woman, on the basis of written informed consent on her part and by a married couple (future parents) and signing the corresponding contract.
It must be understood that all married couples undergoing infertility treatment by the surrogate motherhood method should be provided with all the necessary legal support.
In our clinic, a surrogate mother must satisfy the following mandatory requirements:
- Age 22-34 years,
- Having own healthy child,
- Physical (somatic) and mental health,
- The presence of immunity to rubella
- Did not use an intrauterine device in the past
- Absence of miscarriages, premature birth, cesarean section in the anamnesis,
Before the start of the program, the future surrogate mother undergoes a comprehensive examination:
- Medico-genetic examination (conclusion of a doctor-geneticist)
- Conclusion of a psychiatrist
- Appointment (examination, consultation) with a physician-therapist
- Fluorography of the lungs
- Ultrasonic examination of pelvic organs
- Ultrasound examination of mammary glands
- Determination of antibodies to pale treponema in the blood
- Determination of antibodies of classes M, G (IgM, IgG) against the rubella virus in the blood
- Determination of antibodies of classes M, G (IgM, IgG) against human immunodeficiency virus HIV-1 and HIV-2
- Determination of antibodies of classes M, G (IgM, IgG) against viral hepatitis C and antigen of viral hepatitis B
- Biochemical general therapeutic blood test
- General (clinical) blood test deployed
- Coagulogram (an indicative study of the hemostasis system)
- Determination of herpes simplex virus antigens in the blood
- Apointment (examination, consultation) with obstetrician-gynecologist
- Microscopic examination of vaginal smears (on aerobic, facultative-anaerobic microorganisms, fungi of the genus Candida, parasitological examination for atrophozoites of Trichomonas)
- Microbiological research on chlamydia, mycoplasma, ureaplazma
- Cytological examination of the cervix
By the time of the childbirth, the specialist of our Center will prepare the documents for the implementation of the ECO-surrogate motherhood program for his registration under the genetic parents’ name and issuance of the appropriate birth certificate.